So here is today's thought - retail is coming back into the market just in time for the top. No, I am not going to call a top here although it is tempting. There is no limit to how far a market can go against what it "should" be doing.
Just a spoonful of QE makes the economy look bright,
the economy look bright,
the economy look briiiiiight
- (Julie Andrews still looks and sounds good at age 77).
But here is some of the stuff happening right now:
- Money is pouring into money markets thanks to this year's higher taxes pushing all sorts of payments and dividends into last year. Sorry, Al Gore, you were too slow with Al J.
- Money is pouring into junk bonds
- The VIX is stupid low
- Sentiment surveys are at bullish extremes
- Financial news shows are focusing on the little guy getting back into the market