Monday, February 6, 2012

Squi-don't

Late last month, I signed up for Squidoo, another social network type of site for posting content. I don't get the Squid theme and even its basic purpose but I chalk that up to being 20 or even 30 years older than the average user. Then last week, I got a notice that my post, called a lense - again who knows why? - was locked away, unviewable by the public and will be taken down completely in 30 days.

Naturally, I read their letter as to why. Apparently, they think I plagiarized it and/or wrote about something they do not support. Well, they support posts, er lenses, covering top 10 penny stocks so a post about why you should look at charts should be OK.

Plagiarism? Interesting because I wrote every word and created the chart myself without looking at any other documents or stealing from any other's work. After all, I am a trained professional chartist with a certification and close to 30 years of experience.

Squidoo? I Squidon't. There are too many outlets out there to waste your day without having to battle in the marginal zone. Stick with the big three - Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

But I'll keep trying, just in case - Quora, Reddit, Shareaholic, Hoot Suite, Stumbleupon, Digg, and on and on....

I'll likely post that article here in the next few days.

No comments: