Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Strong dollar? Not so fast, pit bull

This is a follow up to yesterday's post on my radio interview with the "contrarian economist." He went off on me when I said the dollar was still weak and berated my "narrow focus" for looking at the US dollar index. "Have you ever heard of Brazil?" he asked?

Well, other than the lack of respect he has a lack of facts. Here is a chart from Yahoo on the Brazil/US dollar exchange rate in dollars per Brazilian Real (ree-al).


Not only has the Real been in a bull market vs. the buck for the past 4-plus years but is has not even seen a pullback as major currencies have had over the past few months.

I rest my case. Time to move on to more important matters, like helping my subscribers make money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A coincidence? "The Larry Kudlow Recession Summer Rally"

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2008/08/looking-at-tues.html