Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Favorite Talking Head

My favorite market maven on financial TV is Charles Payne. When I first saw him on the weekend Fox business block a few years ago I wondered how this kid was getting so much face time, especially since I had never heard of him before. Fast forward to the Fox Business Channel and I have become a big fan.

He knows his stuff. He tells it like it is. He has a level head and cool temperment. He is not too full of himself. He does not take sides although the capitalist in him does shine through. However, he does not force it down the viewer's throat.

Charles, if you are reading this, I invite you to address the Market Technician's Association seminars some time. If anything, it will get the knuckleheads in our profession to learn how to speak English and stop shooting themselves in the foot every time they open their mouths.

Hmmm, sounds like a certain guy in Washington.

You know my favorites, such as "if the market clears XXX then it has a good chance of possibly running 5 to 10 percent higher, otherwise, if it can't hold this level it might go down. Tell me you have not read this kind of commentary before. No wonder analysts get flamed in chat rooms.

In a future blog post, I'll list some more of my favorite non-information comments I have heard or read. Some of them are a hoot! And people still pay to read them. Unreal.

1 comment:

Will said...

I think my favorite is, "this is a stock picker's market."

-What the heck does that mean?