Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dollywood

Here you come again
Just when I’m about to make it work without you
You waltz right in the door
Just like you done before
And wrap my heart ’round your little finger.
- Dolly Parton, Here you come again (1977)

Talk about the siren song of the bulls! Just when we thought there might be a little relief left in this relief rally the Dow gets clocked for 500 points Thursday morning.

But we already knew it was a bear market and the little dabbling to be done on the long side was fighting the trend.

We got a free report from a well known analyst this morning (we won't say but it was up on our Facebook page - shhh!) saying that stocks are much more attractive than bonds. Why yes they are. In the same way, I snarked, that I'd rather break my hip than get a hot poker jammed in my eye.  And for some reason, I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.

I want none of these options. Cash is king and unfortunately not US cash.  Maybe food is queen. Did you see the CORN fund at new all-time highs this week?   And while other grains and ags are well off last year's highs rice just broke out to the upside.

No comments: